Tuesday, February 15, 2011

reflection#4

Sublimity
What does sublimity really mean to me?  I think it depends on an individual line of thought.  People who have different experience may have different feeling.   According to the class’s presentation, I felt every clip that our classmates brought up to the presentation was sublime.  While I was watching them, they made my hair stand on end.  Lord of the Ring was the most impressible clip for me because an arm of national defense was encouraged by his superior.  He did not talk much, but his tone, his action, his speech, and his innate feeling looked very powerful.  I have used almost the same kind of army clip, but on my clip, the leader was giving the speech about proclaiming peach.  I felt they were unity.  The superior fought with his people.  He did not overlook or abandon his army.  The superior and the soldiers collaborated to fight for their peace.  Also, the clips will be sublime or not is up on an audient’s experience and an attitude which I mean what he or she does like or does not like.  Moreover, does an audient get into or understand the point of view of the part of the story?  If an audient does not know what presenters are trying to tell, he or she may not feel about sublimity in that part. 
In my opinion, personal innate feeling and emotion are the most essential elements.  The situations that concern about human’s feeling are very sensitive.  In one clip ten people may have ten points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment