Tuesday, March 8, 2011

reflection#7

Reflection #7
The Interpretation of dreams:  The Oedipus Complex
According to Sigmund Freud’s the Oedipus complex noted that “If Oedipus Rex moves a modern audience no less than it did the contemporary Greek one, the explanation can only be that its effect does not lie in the contrast between destiny and human will, but is to be looked for in the particular nature of the material on which that contrast is exemplified” (816).  Oedipus Hamlet, who is the son, wants to kill his own father to get his own.  The relationship between a son and a mother is deeply connected by blood lineage.  They both deeply tie of feeling since the mother knows that she has a baby.  I have had an experience when I was young.  I did not like the feeling when my father or my brother hugged my mother at all.  I thought my mother was only mine.  When I was offended by my father, I would cry.  I think it is about truly deeply feeling relationship between a mother and a child.  The child does not follow a custom because he or she cannot decide the situation and lack of experience.  The child wants to be the only one of his or her mother.  The idea of Freud is in the lines with the signification of the Phallus by Lacan.  The child wants to be the phallus for the mother.  In my opinion, I try not to be impolite, but a human has only one phallus.  Thus, the child wants to be only one or number one for the mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment